Jiu Hu Char (Fried Cuttlefish)
5 cloves garlic, minced
50gm pork, sliced
1 carrot, peeled and shredded finely
8gm dried cuttlefish, shredded and soaked for 5 minutes
5 small dried mushrooms, sliced and soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
3 shallots, sliced
170gm bangkuang or yam bean, finely shredded
15gm dried glass noodles, soaked for 10 minutes
Salt to taste
1. In a wok, heat oil. Saute garlic until lightly brown and fragrant.
2. Add pork and fry until cooked.
3. Add carrot, cuttlefish, and mushrooms. Fry until they soften.
4. Add shallots, bangkuang and glass noodles and fry until cooked.
5. Season with salt to taste.
6. Serve wrapped in fresh lettuce leaves with a side of sambal for a bit of zing.