Like pineapple? Like curry? Let’s mix it both! It is a creative dish by Amy Beh. The taste is surprisingly good, it has the sweetness of pineapple and rich creamy taste of curry.
- 400g pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1 green chilli
- 5 bird´s eye chillies
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 4 dried chillies, cut into sections
- 1/8 tsp mustard seeds
- 100ml coconut milk
- 50ml evaporated milk
Marinade (A) – combined
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Put marinade ingredients (A) and pineapple in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine then set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend green chilli and bird’s eye chillies in a food processor with a little water until fine. Heat oil in a wok and fry mustard seeds until they start to pop. Add curry leaves and dried chillies. Stir to release the fragrance. Add the blended chilli paste. Stir-fry briskly.
- Add pineapple and pour in coconut milk. Cook for about 5 minutes until the pineapple is as tender as you like. Add evaporated milk and stir well to mix.