This recipe and photo were provided by Mission Foods.
- 200 g Malawi dhal rinsed and soaked overnight (save water for boiling)
- 500 g Masoor dhal rinsed and soaked overnight (save water for boiling)
- 500 g mung bean (kacang hijau) rinsed and soaked overnight (save water for boiling)
- 1 tsp fennel seed 1
- tsp turmeric powder 1/4 chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 inches ginger blended
- 3 potatoes skinned and cut into half-inch chunks
- 2 eggplants cut into half-inch chunks
- 2 carrots cut into ¼ inch chunks
- 2 tomatoes cut into eights
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 dried chilli cut into half-inch lengths
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it reaches boiling point, turn down to low heat and simmer until beans are cooked through.
- Add potatoes to A and simmer until soft, then add the other vegetables.
- Over medium heat, saute all ingredients until lightly browned. Pour into cooked dhal.
- Finally, salt to taste. Serve with plain naan.