This is a
- 250g butter
- 40g egg white
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 2g salt
- 100g icing sugar
- 4g baking powder
- Crown filling
- 140g cream (35% fat)
- 140g glucose syrup
- 140g brown sugar
- 140g almond flake (crushed)
- Cream butter, add icing sugar and salt. Whisking thoroughly.
- Add egg white and incorporate the sifted flour with baking powder. Pipe the mixture onto a tray lined with parchment paper in shape of a small crown using daisy shaped nozzle or large fluted nozzle.
- Crown filling: Put all ingredients in a pan and bring it to a boil. Then cool it.
- Using a small spoon, fill the centre of the crown without going over the edge.
- Bake for 10-12mins in a 160 degrees Celcius oven.
- The filling should have caramel appearance and the crown should be golden colour. Leave it to cool on the parchment paper.