This recipe (adapted from MSD Living Well with Diabetes cookbook) and photo are courtesy of MSD.
- Fish sauce is often high in salt so ensure to limit the amount used in dishes.
- Ensure a serving of rice doesn’t exceed 1 cup of cooked rice.
- Include a side of stir-fried vegetables or a green salad to increase the fibre content of your meal.
- 1 sea bass (siakap) (about 700g, cleaned)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (finely sliced)
- 2tbsp wild ginger flower ((bunga kantan), finely sliced)
- 1tbsp bird’s eye chillies (finely chopped)
- 4tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp sugar
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 1pinch pepper
- 1tbsp spring onion (chopped)
- 1tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1tbsp red chilli (chopped)
- Combine the lemongrass, wild ginger flower, bird’s eye chillies, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and pepper. Pour sauce mixture over the fish.
- Steam over rapid boiling water for 12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the garnishing over the steamed fish and serve hot with fluffy wild or brown rice.