- Peel and boil the US Russet potatoes. Add salt and butter to the US Russet potatoes and start mashing till smooth and fine. Set aside.
- Saute diced US blue purple potato in butter. Add in cream, fresh thyme, nutmeg powder, beef bacon and simmer until half cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix fresh cream cheese with parmesan, garlic cream (recipe below), egg yolk, fine mashed US
- Russet potato and the half cook US Blue Purple potato. Mix well until smooth.
- Pour in cake mould (previously buttered) and bake at 130ºC for 30min. Remove when the top is golden brown and set aside. Slice like a cake and serve.
- Garlic Cream
- Infuse garlic and thyme in cream, Bring the mixture to a boil and leave to simmer for a few minutes, then blend all the ingredients together.
- Season to taste. Garnish with chopped chives and serve with potato gateau.
You may also like