- 3 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar (or according to your liking)
- Coconut milk from one coconut (white only)
- Achi murukku mould (Bunga ros mould) (To season the mould leave it in oil overnight)
- In a large bowl, add flour, egg, salt, sugar and coconut milk.
- Mix till you get a batter (almost like pancake batter).
- Heat oil. Put the mould inside the heated wok.
- Dip the mould into batter and then fry in the wok.
- When a flower like design is formed, gently remove the murukku from the mould. It should be exactly the shape of the mould.
- Remove and repeat the process.