- 3 egg whites
- A pinch of cream of tartar
- 100g castor sugar
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Reduce the speed (this is to prevent sugar from flying out).
- Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until well combined.
- Beat until meringue is thick and glossy and sugar has completely dissolved. Do not overbeat or the meringue will collapse.
- Tip: Make sure egg whites are at room temperature as cold egg whites incorporate less air.