This recipe is best with
- 300g cooking chocolate
- 65g butter
- 400g condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g plain flour, sifted
- 40g toasted almonds, chopped
- 40g chocolate chips
- For garnishing
- 75g toasted almonds (extra), coarsely chopped
- Line baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate, butter and condensed milk in a non-stick saucepan and stir over a gentle, low heat until the mixture turns smooth. Add essence.
- Combine flour, chocolate chips and chopped toasted almonds in a clean mixing bowl. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Take a tablespoonful of mixture out and shape into a ball. Dip the top of each cookie into extra chopped almonds and place the cookies on prepared baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 9-10 minutes or until cookies are just set.
- After baking, the fudge cookies will appear soft in texture but they will become firm when cooled.