This recipe is best with
- 150g butter
- 70g crunchy peanut butter
- 135g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g chocolate chips (coffee-flavoured)
- Lightly grease baking trays with corn oil and preheat oven to 170°C.
- Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar, essence and peanut butter in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Beat in chocolate chips and add sifted flour mixture to bind into a soft dough. Roll out dough in between two plastic sheets and cut into rounds with a desired cookie cutter. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks before storing in airtight containers.