This recipe is best with
- 250g butter
- 185g soft brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 230g plain flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- ¾ tsp mixed spice
- Extra dried rosemary and
- roasted cumin seeds
- 60g toasted walnuts, broken into halves
- Grease and line a loaf pan with greased baking paper. Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Beat butter and soft brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and mix in herbs. Stir well to combine.
- Turn batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with extra herbs and arrange walnuts over them.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until cake is cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.