The prefect recipe for chocolate lava cake. Prepare to be amazed by of the moist chocolate outer layer combined with the oozing chocolate lava within.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Planta.
- 120g margarine
- 150g caster sugar
- 60g wheat floursieved
- 3tbsp cocoasieved
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 100g cooking chocolate
- Double boil and melt margarine and chocolate, or microwave it.
- Beat egg, sugar and vanilla essence. Then add flour and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add the chocolate mix into the batter and mix well.
- Fill 3/4 of a small ramekin or paper cupcake holder.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 200 degrees Celcius for 5-8 minutes.
- Tips: Serve the cake with vanilla ice-cream.
- Serve the cake while it is still warm.
- The 'lava' with be dense if the cake is overcooked.