Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Aireish Julia ALeen for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“The first time I ate the cendol version of cheesecake. I do it my own taste. My family really liked it with the combination of ingredients used. Anchor cream cheese is indeed the best choice for a delicious cheesecake. I really like it will repeat again..” – Aireish Julia ALeen
- 250gm cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 20gm wheat flour
- 70gm caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (gula melaka)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk powder
- 50gm cendol
- 50gm red beans
- 125ml fresh milk
- Combine cream cheese with caster sugar and beat until creamy. Then add the eggs one by one evenly.
- Add wheat flour together with coconut milk powder and beat well.
- Lastly, add the cendol and red beans and whisk them back.
- Prepare a 6 -inch baking sheet lined with baking paper. Pour half of the batter first sprinkle with brown sugar, then pour another part of the batter until done.
- Make sure the oven is preheated, bake at 200 flames up & down for about 1 hour.
- Set again the time 10 minutes the top fire only, the temperature is still the same let the surface of the cake burn dark brown color.
- Remove from the oven let cool for 15 minutes, then can be stored in the refrigerator first before cutting. Delicious eaten cold.