- 80g self-raising flour
- 1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 50g prawns, shelled and chopped
- Combined and lightly beaten :
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp water
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Add turmeric powder, salt, pepper and sugar to mix.
- Add egg and water mixture, and mix into a smooth batter.
- Finally, stir in onion and prawns to combine.
- Heat enough oil in a wok over medium heat. Drop a tablespoon of batter into the hot oil and deep-fry the fritters until golden brown.
- Dish out and drain on kitchen paper towels.