Quick, simple, healthy and delicious! This recipe is perfect for those who are constantly on the go and regularly skip breakfast as a result. Prepare this in advance and all you’ll need is a spoon and a few seconds to down your first meal of the day! Not only is it tasty, it’s also packed with fibre and protein.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds (chopped roughly)
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts (chopped roughly)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup rice krispies (choc or regular)
- 6-8 tbsp honey
- 4-6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried fruits (cranberries / raisins / mixed)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°F.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the dried fruits) together. Mix well.
- Bake for 10 mins then remove from the oven. Stir (so that the mixture at the bottom rests on top), and bake for another 10 mins. Remove from the oven.
- While hot, mix in the dried fruits. Let it cool down before storing in containers.