This easy ice cream recipe is so versatile that you can add any flavors you like! Add some durian puree it became durian ice cream! It is cheap to make as well!
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 litre full cream milk (UHT milk)
- 500g non-dairy creamer (Coffeemate)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp peppermint essence
- Chill a container in the refrigerator. Set the refrigerator at the coldest setting. Combine sugar, milk and non-dairy creamer (coffeemate) in a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to stir continuously until mixture is well blended and the sugar has dissolved. Stir in both essences and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the container and cover, then freeze for at least 4 hours. Remove the container from the freezer. Whip up the semi-frozen mixture until it turns creamy and doubles in bulk. Return the container to the freezer and freeze for another 5 to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, remove the icre cream from the freezer and set aside for 5 to 6 minutes to soften slightly so it can be scooped out easily.
- Simple vanilla ice cream is done and ready to serve together with a nice warm chocolate brownie!