- 1 1/4 cups Champagne
- 2 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 punnet strawberries (hulled and halved)
- 1 apple (cored and sliced)
- 2-3 nectarines or peaches (if available) (remove stone and slice)
- handful lychees (skinned and stones removed and halved)
- In a saucepan melt the sugar with one cup Champagne over low heat until completely dissolved.
- Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Pour this Champagne syrup over the fruit and chill well, stirring occasionally.