- Cut pumpkin flesh into big cubes.
- Remove the seeds from the orange and lemon slices.
- Combine the pumpkin, orange and lemon in a mixing bowl.
- Split the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the pumpkin, orange and lemon mixture, distributing them evenly (or add the essence).
- Cover with the sugar, wrap with cling film and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Transfer contents to a pot and simmer around 1 hour over a low fire, stirring from time to time.
- Pour the hot jam into a jam jar, seal and turn the jar to stand upside down in order to create a vacuum.
- When it is almost cold, place in the refrigerator.
- The jam can keep for a couple of months in the refrigerator.
You may also like