- 2 pcs large presoaked dried cuttlefish, julienned
- 30g fried ikan bilis
- 100g roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 50g tamarind paste, soaked with 2 1/2 cup water, discard solids
- 8 tbsp peanut oil
- [Chilli Paste] :
- 50g dried chilli, soaked in boiling water, drained and blend
- 200g shallots, peeled, chopped and blended.
- 1 tbsp roasted shrimp paste, grounded
- Cook the chilli paste with oil on moderate heat until fragrant.
- Add cuttlefish, peanuts, tamarind juice, sugar and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Then mix in the fried ikan bilis and continue to simmer for another 30 to 40 minutes until the cuttlefish turns soft.
- Season the mixture with additional sugar or salt if necessary.