This recipe is best with
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 1 medium rib eye celery - chopped
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Add wild rice, celery, and onion. Cook, stirring, until onion is tender. Pour wild rice mixture into an ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Heat broth to boiling; pour over wild rice mixture. Stir in salt, parsley, sage, basil, and mushrooms; cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Stir in long-grain rice. Cover and bake at 350° for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in sour cream, if using.