Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Hangry No More’ series, a perfect combination is where creamy mashed potato meets juicy savory minced beef pie!
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 300g (Russet) potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100ml hot milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 25g white button mushrooms
- 150g minced beef
- 25g diced carrot
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g chopped onion
- 40g fennel, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp red wine
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Scrub potatoes clean and cook with enough water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Peel and mash the potatoes. Add butter and hot milk then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and fry onion until softened. Add minced beef, carrot and mushrooms. Cook for a while. Add fennel and bay leaves. Fry for a minute.
- Add cornflour, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Pour in wine. Cover and simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until gravy is reduced.
- Spoon mixture into 3 ramekin bowls. Spread out the mixture and press down with a spoon. Top with mashed potato and smoothen the surface with the back of a spoon. Run a fork across to make patterns.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for about 20-25 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. Remove ramekins out and serve hot.