Milk pudding made with egg white and milk make smooth and silky puddings that are low in calories – what you call a guilt-free dessert.
This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 300ml fresh milk
- 55g caster sugar
- 2tbsp ginger juice, freshly-squeezed
- 4 egg whites, from Grade A eggs
- Place 4 small bowls in a steamer to heat up.
- In a saucepan, combine the fresh milk and sugar and heat up over medium heat. Stir the milk until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool completely. Add the ginger juice.
- Whisk the egg whites briefly. Strain the beaten egg whites through a sieve into the milk-and-ginger mixture. Stir to mix well.
- Divide mixture equally among the heated bowls. Cover the bowls with aluminium foil and steam over medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.