- 250g jungle fern leaves (pucuk paku)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Sambal belacan paste:
- 2cm shrimp paste (belacan), toasted
- 1 red chilli
- 6 bird's eye chillies
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, finely crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 50ml calamansi lime juice
- Blanch jungle fern leaves in boiling water briefly. Drain and set aside.
- Place combined sambal belacan paste ingredients in an electric food processor. Blend on Pulse into a rough paste. Heat oil and stir-fry spice paste ingredients until aromatic.
- Add jungle fern leaves and seasoning to taste. Toss and fry briskly in less than a minute. Dish out and serve immediately.