- Remove the crust from the bread. Line a 600ml bowl with the sliced bread. Keep a slice or two to make a lid for the pudding.
- Place the fruits in a saucepan. Add the sugar. Gently simmer for 3 minutes or until the fruits have released juices and the sugar has dissolved.
- Fill the lined bowl with the fruits keeping some aside for a garnish.
- Cap the pudding with the bread slices. Set aside.
- Wrap the pudding in clingfilm. Weigh down with weights or cans. Refrigerate overnight.
- Un-mould the summer pudding. Invertt on a serving plate. Garnish the top with the fruits set aside earlier.
- Serve chilled and with cream
You may also like