This recipe is a variation of the Tirupati Laddu. The jaggery makes a difference in the colour and taste of this laddu.
This recipe is courtesy of Venusitas and was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 2.5kg jaggery (vellam sugar store-bought)
- 1.4litres water
- 1.8kg gram flour
- 500g ghee
- 1/2cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1/2cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- In a pot over medium heat, boil the jaggery with 750ml of water till the mixture becomes a thick syrup.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the remaining water, then add the sugar syrup. Heat the ghee in a pot then pour it over the mixture. Add the dates and cashews and combine well.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into lime-sized balls. Cool before serving.