Treasure Cookies is the perfect recipe to kick-start the festive mood.
Loaded with a rich buttery taste, these delicious cookies, decorated with royal icing, will be a favourite amongst your family and friends.
Recipe and photo courtesy of SCS Butter.
- 100g butter, salted; softened
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 15g egg yolk
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 170g plain flour
- Royal icing
- 55g egg white
- 160g icing sugar, sifted
- food colouring, few drops
- To make royal icing, whisk egg white until soft peak then add in icing sugar and continue to whisk until medium peak. Cover royal icing with cling film and allow to set overnight in chiller.
- Cream together butter and icing sugar until light and smooth.
- Add in egg yolk gradually.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, fold into butter mixture.
- Roll dough to 3mm thickness and cut with cookies cutter.
- Bake at 170°C in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until done. Allow to cool to room temperature before decorating.
- Mix the royal icing with different colours and transfer into piping bags. Decorate cookies with royal icing. Allow royal icing to set for few hours or until completely dry.