CHINESE New Year is just around the corner. If you’re still wondering what cookies or cake you should bake for this festive occasion, we’ve got the perfect recipes for you here shared by Chef Alina Hew, co-founder of Café Madeleine and Madeleine Patisserie Sdn Bhd.
Having mastered her baking techniques at the renowned French chef school Le Cordon Bleu, Hew incorporates a refreshing French twist when baking her treats.
For Chinese New Year, Hew’s recipes feature eastern-based ingredients which are prepared and baked using European and French techniques that she has mastered over the years. Here are Hew’s baking tips and recipes:
1. Ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature. This helps to achieve better results in mixing the wet ingredients and dry ingredients.
2. Do not overbeat the cookie mixture. If the cookie mixture is overmixed, the mixture will be too sticky and, therefor, it will be difficult to handle and roll.
3. Adding in the eggs must be done in a slow manner, i.e. one by one. This will not make the cake batter curdled. Once the cake batter is curdled, it will not be baked evenly.
1. Jewel Cake. Click here for recipe.
2. Black Gold Cookie. Click here for recipe.
3. Ha Ha Happiness Cookie. Click here for recipe.
4. Golden Almond Cookie. Click here for recipe.
5 thoughts on “Chinese New Year recipes with a French twist”
The CNY cookies look good, can I have the receipts? Thanks
Thank you for the support.
Please click the link above each picture for the respective cookies recipe.
Ha Ha Happiness cookie doesn’t seem very happy. Not smiling. lol.
looks wonderful! Where can i buy this? can send as gifts to my boss.