- 1 cup (white) quinoa
- 2 cups salted water/stock
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 firm tofu, pan-fried and diced
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- Salt an pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in water - rubbing the seeds as you wash. Strain. Head a skillet with a tbsp of olive oil and toast the strained quinoa for a few minutes. Transfer into a non-stick saucepan. Add the water/stock and cook on medium heat. When it starts to boil, cover and turn the heat to low. Cook for 15 mins. Take the pan off the heat and let the quinoa sit in the covered pan for another 15 mins. Once rested, use a fork to fluff up the quinoa so it doesn't all clump together.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet. When hot, add the diced eggplant and gently toss them in the oil. Once they start to brown, add the tofu and do the same. Add the corn and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and remove from the heat and transfer into a big bowl.
- Add the fluffed quinoa to the vegetables. Add the rocket and the nuts. Drizzle the remaining olive oil and chilli oil and toss, making sure all the ingredients are coated with the oil. If you have a salad spinner, use it.
- The salad can be eaten warm or cold.