- To prepare filling: Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry the scallops, carrot and celery. Season to taste with hoisin and salt. Dish out and set aside.
- To prepare dough: Discard the salted egg whites. In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes and salted egg yolks. Add the wheat starch and shortening and knead into a dough.
- Divide into golf ball-sized spheres. Flatten each with the palm and place a tablespoon
- of filling in the middle. Gather the edges, seal and shape into an oblong shape.
- Heat the oil in wok and deep fry until golden brown in colour.
You may also like