- 8 large flat mushrooms (wiped clean with a tea towel or paper towel and stalks trimmed)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 bunch small asparagus (simmered in boiling water till tender)
- 1 tomato (seeded and chopped fine)
- 1 cucumber (seeded and chopped fine)
- ½ small red onion (finely chopped)
- Combine the soy sauce, oil and chilli sauce in a bowl and brush the mushrooms with this marinade.
- Cut the cooked asparagus tips into 1 cm pieces and mix together with the tomato, cucumber and onion.
- Grill the mushrooms on medium heat for 4-5 minutes until tender, brushing with the marinade.
- To serve: Place mushrooms on individual plates and spoon the salad mixture on top.