- Wrap the beancurd lightly in several layers of paper towels and set aside for 10-15 minutes. Pat dry to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Cut each piece of beancurd into six pieces. Arrange on a flat dish with several layers of paper towel, until almost dry, taking care not to break the beancurd.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, ground black pepper and corn flour over the beancurd pieces.
- Deep-fry the beancurd slices in hot oil until golden brown and crispy. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with the chilli dip.
- To prepare the tangy chilli dip: Stir well to mix all the ingredients until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a sauce bowl.
You may also like