- Tart shell: Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Make the crust: cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla. Finally, mix in the flour to make a smooth dough.
- Press into the bottom of an 8inch/20cm springform pan, giving it about one inch/5cm rim. Bake 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Cream Filling: Beat all the ingredients for the cream filling together until smooth.
- Make the topping by tossing the apple slices with the cinnamon, sugar and nuts.
- Remove the tart shell from the oven. Spread over the cream mixture.
- Topping: Arrange the apple slices on top, then scatter over the nuts.
- Bake until the apples are tender and golden, about 40 minutes.
You may also like