Ingredients is not available.
- Rinse the dried figs well and chop them coarsely. Soak in 250ml water for 3-4 hours. Wash the apples, peel, core and chop coarsely.
- Combine the apples with the figs in the soaking liquid and place in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and orange rind. Bring to a boil without stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cook at a low gentle boil, uncovered and without stirring at all, for about 15-20 minutes or until the jam gels.
- Transfer into hot sterilised jars and seal when cold.