- 100g mashed durian flesh
- 300ml coconut milk
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp agar-agar powder
- A pinch of salt
- A tinge of yellow colouring
- 200ml evaporated milk
- Combine durian flesh and coconut milk together in a blender and process until smooth. Strain and discard the impurities. Add sugar, agar-agar powder, salt and colouring then bring to a boil. Cook until agar-agar and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Bring mixture away from the heat and add in milk and mix well. Leave aside for two to three minutes to cool slightly.
- Rinse well patty tins and pour in agar-agar mixture. Leave aside to set.
- Remove the durian filling from the patty tins and cut out neatly with a 5cm (2in) round cutter.