THE edible flowers will pair nicely with the fragrance and flavours of the pandan in this jelly recipe. This dessert will also make for a pretty and yummy dish at any party table.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Jelly Mixture
- 5 cups pandan water (2 cups shredded pandan leaves blended with 5 cups water)
- 20g agar-agar powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 30g edible flowers (eg. violets, pink dianthus and marigolds)
- Coconut Topping
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 30g rice flour
- 10g agar-agar powder
- 1tsp salt
- 30g jasmine flowers
- Stir together the pandan water and agar-agar powder, and bring to boil. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Pour mixture into a bottle or jar and add the flowers. Leave to cool and set.
- In a pot, boil the coconut milk, rice flour, agar-agar powder and salt. Leave to cool, then pour it over the set jelly mixture. Leave to set, then top with jasmine. Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove the jasmine flowers before serving.