- Combine glutinous rice, coconut milk, salt and pandan leaves and cook over gentle heat till half cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Scald banana leaves in hot water. Wipe dry. Put two to three tablespoons cooked glutinous rice on the cut-out banana leaf. Flatten out and place a banana in the middle of the rice.
- With the banana leaf, push the rice to cover the banana, then wrap up the glutinous rice to seal the banana. Fold up the top and bottom. Set aside.
- Make another piece of lipat pulut pisang. Then tie both packets together with a raffia string. Tie at both ends of the packets, so that both packets are literally hugging each other.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the lipat pisang until fully cooked. Serve warm or cold as desired.
You may also like