- 1 litre boiling water
- 50g fresh lotus seeds
- 12 gingko nuts
- 3 dried honey dates (mat choe)
- 10g white fungus, soaked and trimmed into florets
- 3 red dates
- 5g dried chrysanthemum flowers (kok fah),rinsed
- 70g rock sugar or to taste
- ½ can sea coconut slices, drain away the syrup
- Steep chrysanthemum flowers in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Strain to remove the flowers and add in the rest of the ingredients except the sea coconut.
- Bring the sweep soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the sea coconut to mix. Dish out and serve.