Ubi Kayu Bersantan is a great dessert to be eaten warm or straight out of the fridge.
This recipe and photo are taken from Marina Mustafa’s Cooking under Pressure. This cookbook is part of the MPH Masterclass Kitchen Series.
- 1½kg tapioca (peeled and cut into equal sizes, ubi kayu)
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 pandan leaves
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Pour the water into a pan.
- Add the tapioca and 2 pandan leaves into the water.
- Boil for about 40 minutes until the tapioca becomes soft.
- Add the sugar and continue cooking for about 15 minutes while stirring.
- Cook the coconut milk on low flame with salt and the two remaining pandan leaves in a pot. When thickened, set aside.
- Scoop the tapioca into a serving dish. Pour in the coconut milk before serving.