Assam Fish Curry
Tamarind adds a tangy, piquant lift to many dishes to whet the appetite. In this recipe for Assam Fish Curry, it incorporated dried tamarind apple (asam keping) beautifully with the garoupa fish.
This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 500g fish (garoupa)
- 1/2tsp salt
- 3 - 4tbsp oil
- 1stalk lemongrasssmashed
- 2stalks polygonum/laksa leaves (daun kesom)
- 50g tamarind pastemixed with 500ml water, strained to get tamarind juice
- 1slice dried tamarind apple (asam keping)
- 1/4 pineapplepeeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tomatoesquartered
- 1 onionpeeled, halved and sliced
- 1 wild ginger bud (bunga kantan)finely sliced
- 1 sprig mint leaves