Celery provides many types of vitamins needed by our body including vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and potassium. You can try this stir-fried celery recipe that can be ready in 10 mins. Be sure not to overcook the vegetables to retain its crunchiness.
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 pieces arrowroot head (nga ku)
- 50g carrot, cut into desired shapes
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp vegetarian seasoning powder
- Dash of pepper
- Sugar to taste
- 100ml water
- Thickening (combined)
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Cut celery at a slant. Peel and cut arrowroot head into thin slices.
- Sauté ginger and garlic in sesame oil until lightly golden. Splash in cooking wine. Add celery, arrowroot head slices and carrot. Stir in seasoning and add water. Fry briskly for 2-3 minutes then add thickening to the gravy.
- Dish out and serve immediately.