Add these delicious chocolatey bites to your assortment of Christmas desserts for a sweet time. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 150g popcorn, plain; cooked
- 100g salted mixed nuts
- 55g margarine
- 200g brown sugar, packed
- 40ml honey
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 170g chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 120ºC.
- Combine popcorn and nuts in large mixing bowl.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan. Add brown sugar, honey and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add in vanilla and remove from heat. Quickly pour sugar mixture over popcorn and nuts, stirring with a spatula until well-coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on a lined baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring at least once.
- Cool on wire racks and break into chunks.
- Place chocolate in a mixing bowl, and melt in a bain-marie. Drizzle melted chocolate over the chunks. Allow to cool and for chocolate to set before storing in an air-tight container.