- 4 large flat mushrooms (wiped clean and stalks removed)
- 12 slices smoked salmon
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 chillies ( seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 large avocado ( seed removed and flesh mashed fine)
- 2 tbsp light, sour cream, salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat grill on medium-high.
- Mix together the oil, garlic, chillies and thyme in a bowl and brush the mushrooms with this mixture.
- Season mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Grill the mushrooms, flat side down and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender.
- Mix the mashed avocado with salt and pepper and sour cream.
- Place mushrooms on serving plates and spoon avocado mixture on top. Top with slices of smoked salmon.