- Chop oxtail into chunks and trim off excess fat.
- Put oxtail into a pot and add more than enough water to cover. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain oxtail and discard the water. Rinse oxtail well and place on a colander to drain off any excess water.
- Combine oriental sauce ingredients in a non-stick pan and bring to the boil. Remove stock from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Place oxtail into the sauce ingredients. Mix well to combine. Leave aside for 1 hour then refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- Remove oxtail from the marinade sauce and deep-fry in hot oil for 8-10 minutes. Drain from oil and return oxtail into the sauce. Braise in a claypot for 1-1¼ hours over a gentle low heat.
- Halfway through, add carrot and potatoes and cook until oxtail is just tender and gravy is thick.
- Serve immediately with hot rice.
You may also like