This recipe is best with
- 135g butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g Self-raising flour
- Combine and mix well:
- 1 tbsp cranberry/raisins
- 1 tbsp champagne, alternatively 1 tbsp honey or orange juice
- Drain fluid and coat with flour
- Grease the sides and line the base of a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in whole eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and add in milk and essence. Stir in fruits and mix well. Pour cake batter into the greased loaf tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175°C for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave cake in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.