- 125g Rex Milano bread mix
- 250g bread flour
- 4g soft roll improver
- 4g salt
- 5g dry yeast
- 212g water
- 15g olive oil (add in halfway during mixing)
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a mixer. Knead dough on slow speed for two minutes, and six minutes on second speed. Halfway during mixing, add olive oil.
- To test whether the dough is ready, take a small piece and try to pull it. The dough is ready when you can pull it into a thin sheet.
- Divide dough into 300g pieces. Mould it into a longish shape and rest dough for 20 minutes.
- Flatten dough and place on greased baking trays. (When greasing baking tray with olive oil, allow two teaspoons´ olive oil for each dough portion as bread absorbs oil during baking.)
- Give the dough a final fermentation of 30 minutes. In between, press your fingertips on the surface of the dough. Repeat a few times.
- Bake at 220 ºC and after five minutes, reduce heat by 10 to 20 ºCc. Baking time is about 18 minutes.
- Suggested toppings: olives, garlic, olive oil and rock salt or mozzarella cheese.