This recipe is best with
- 300g high protein flour
- 1 level tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1/2 egg
- 140ml water
- 30g butter
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Combine flour and yeast in an electric mixing bowl. Attach a dough hook and mix for about 30 seconds at slow speed.
- Add salt, sugar, milk powder and egg. Mix in water for a minute, then increase the speed to medium and mix for two minutes.
- Then add the butter and knead at medium speed for six to seven minutes until dough forms.
- Place dough on a lightly greased basin. Cover with cling film wrap and set aside to prove for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Punch down dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 50g pieces. Form into balls and place on greased bake trays. Leave to rise for 45 minutes to one hour or until they double in size.
- Brush them with egg glaze and sprinkle a few slices of almonds flakes or almond nibs on top. Bake in preheated oven at 210 ºC for 10 to 15 minutes.