This recipe is best with
- 400g tapioca flour
- 4 pandan leaves, cut into 5cm–6cm lengths
- 2 egg yolks
- 175g castor sugar
- 150ml thick coconut milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pan fry tapioca flour together with the pandan leaves over a medium heat till light and dry, then sift and leave aside to cool thoroughly.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Sift in tapioca flour and mix.
- Add thick coconut milk a little at a time. Knead well into a firm dough. Add in the butter and continue to knead until the dough is pliable.
- Use a wooden mould to press out desired shapes or roll out dough to a thickness of 3/4cm on a lightly-floured tabletop. Stamp out desired shapes with cookie or kuih bangkit cutters.
- Place on a baking tray (lightly floured with tapioca flour). Bake in a preheated oven at 170°c for 20 - 25 minutes or until the kuih bangkit turns dry. Cool before storing.