- 25g urad dhal (blackgram)
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 drop orange food colouring
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- For sugar syrup:
- 25g sugar
- 1g saffron strands
- 1 drop rose essence
- Soak black-skinned urad dhal in water to remove skin. Grind the soaked dhal to a fine paste in the blender and add orange colouring.
- Boil sugar to make syrup. Add saffron strands and rose essence and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in kuali over low heat. Using a cloth piping bag, pipe the urad dhal paste directly into the hot oil. Fry both sides till golden brown.
- Remove from fire and immediately immerse the hot jaangri in the prepared sugar syrup. Remove from syrup after 5 minutes.