- 500g prawns, trim feelers and legs; slit the back, remove entrails, then wipe dry on absorbent paper
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 egg white
- 30g Quaker oats
- 1 piece cream cracker biscuit, crushed
- 1/4 nori sheet, chopped finely
- 1 stalk curry leaf, sliced thinly
- 5 cilipadi, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- Salt to taste
- Dip prawns into egg white and coat with tapioca flour. Deep-fry for one to two minutes. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Combine oats, crushed biscuits, nori, sesame seeds, salt and castor sugar. Mix well.
- Heat wok with 2 tsp butter and 2 tsp oil. Saute curry leaves and chilli padi till fragrant. Add chilli paste and combined oats mixture. Fry till crispy.
- Add prawns and stir-fry quickly. Dish out and serve.