This recipe is best with
- Star anise chocolate ganache:
- 350g UHT cream
- 25g star anise, slightly crushed
- 500g milk chocolate
- 80g honey
- 80g butter, at room temperature
- 70g dark chocolate
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g icing sugar
- To prepare chocolate ganache : Combine the cream and star anise in a pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Melt the milk chocolate over simmering water and remove from heat. Add the honey (without stirring).
- Strain the cream into the melted chocolate and honey. Beat with a wire whisk until creamy. Add the butter and stir to mix until very smooth. Pour to a depth of 2cm in a parchment paper-lined pan. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To form and finish the truffles: Cut the cooled chocolate ganache into 2cm cubes. Melt the dark chocolate.
- Using plastic or surgical-type gloves, roll the ganache cube into a ball and dip into the melted chocolate to coat ball completely. This final dipping in chocolate will give your truffles a delicious crunch as you bite into it.
- Roll in the cocoa powder or icing sugar, or a mixture of both for a varied look. Line the truffles on a parchment paper-lined tray as you complete them. Store in the refrigerator and consume within 3 days.